I have attached some of the photographs of which I had taken as potentials for my front cover.
You can see a progress over time, until the final photograph. I went through various angles, lighting and positions of the model throughout the process of the photo shoot, for example in photos 1 and 2 are of a more cold light than in the other 4 photos, this I did not like as I was aiming for a more warmer lighting for the actual magazine of which would make it a more inviting magazine, in comparison to connotations of the harsh light.
I began by placing the model with his body facing the right - facing the future - however I felt the posture and the angle of photo was not appropriate for the cover of the magazine, as it did not give the connotations of leaving for university.
In addition, in photo 3 the shot is taken landscape, very soon after I realised the mistake I had made, as the photo has to be a portrait for the front cover.
In photos 4, 5 and 6, it was really more about getting the position of the model correct- i.e. keeping the box straight, allowing enough room above his head, yet not too much room and getting the right position of the models head. For example, in photo 4, the model looks like he is straining - which will give annotations of stress when college is over -, in photo 5, the position of his head is perfect, yet he did not smile, therefore making the image appear more negative.
Photo 6, is the final photo that I have chosen to use on my front cover, as the position of the model, angle of the shot and lighting is just right, allowing the correct annotations to be inferred.
 |
| Photo 1 |
 |
| Photo 2 |
 |
| Photo 4 |
 |
| Photo 3 |
 |
| Photo 6 - chosen photo |
 |
| Photo 5 |
No comments:
Post a Comment