Friday, 10 February 2017

Main task, contents page progress ( 10/02/17 )

I have uploaded my progress of the contents page, and will explain each of my steps.


I began by making the background grey, this ties in with the front cover as the cover story rectangles behind the description of the cover story is grey.
I decided to headline the page 'MMM', as this is the abbreviation of 'Melody Music Magazine' and it makes the magazine more memorable and adds to the house style.
I also added two images of records, this adds to the style of the magazine, and links to the fact that in the cover story we will be discussing the artists new record.








Next, it was time to add some photography. I added an image of a male and female to emphasise that there are no certain genders that can read or be featured in the magazine. The female is the magazines 'music reviewer', and to add to the house style, I had the model hold out her right hand as if she is holding something placed in her hand, this is because I am going to insert text above her hand, to give the illusion that she is actually holding the text. The male is the same as the one on the front cover, to highlight his importance in the magazine, and I included the image of his record, of which he is holding to show that is what the article will talk about
I also added a close up image of vinyls in covers, linking to the records the models are placed on. The one vinyl which is out of place, highlights the fact that the artists talked about in the magazine will be diverse an do not sing songs of a conventional genre.




I then added text; but firstly I began with the outline of a rectangle in turquoise, but removed the top and bottom to create a column of which I started to write out what will be featured in the magazine, instead of using the word 'contents'. I simply added 'Featured' like MOJOs contents page. I made the font of the names of artists larger and different to the description, again to highlight who will be in the magazine rather than what.

Three quarters of the way down, I intersected the rectangle with another, yet the two sides were removed rather than the top and bottom, this is to highlight this articles importance, as this is the cover story. I also, used a quote from the artists interview to describe the article to allow the readers some insight of the artists before reading the article. Above this I added the headline for the other image, which like I mentioned before was a music reviewer, it does not have a certain artists name that is mentioned so the text is in the second font. Both of these I added the page numbers next to the headlines.
I also added 'Melody Music Magazine', beneath 'MMM' just to allow the readers to know what the abbreviation stands for,
-The font is all in white, to carry on the colour scheme and highlight the pureness of the music, which I have previously explored in my front cover progress post.


Below is my final piece shown in a Prezzi










No comments:

Post a Comment