For my magazine, I will be including a lot of photography. In this post, I am going to include the different ideas for the photos in my magazine.
 |
| Example of shot |
FRONT PAGE: For the front page, I want to include a mid-shot of an individual artist whom the double spread article will be based on. The artist will be looking towards the camera as this is a recurring theme throughout magazines. I would like to attempt to enlarge and fade the image or a alternate image, then have the original image in front, to create the first element of the magazines house style. I have attached one example of the camera shot I plan to use, yet I would not include so much area behind the artist, in terms of the rule of thirds, the artist will be more centre, and the shot would not be horizontal. UPDATED: I have now included two of the images I photographed that I may use in the magazine, the first the artist is adjusting his strap of his dungarees, this is to emphasis him 'stripping' a layer of his image in the media, and revealing something about his life, through his new album and this interview. The second photo, the artist looks very stolid and serious, almost dark, this is to highlight his past which will be explored in the interview, I am hoping to be able to incorporate both these images into the front cover, by decreasing the opacity of the image behind, almost creating this ghostly element - his ghost being his past.
 |
| Image 1 |
 |
| Image 2 |
CONTENTS PAGE:
The contents page will include, at most, three images. On will be of the artist on the cover; a long shot with an acoustic guitar. Another photo will be of the music reviewer, I will photograph her with her arm out and palm facing upwards, this is to place the text on that will headline her article: adding to the house style. Along the bottom, will be my third image, this will be an image of vinyls stacked next to each other - again adding to the house style of the magazine - this image will be similar to the one I showed in my moodboard. I have attached an example of the images I may use for the contents page of the 'music reviewer', 'artist' and vinyls which I photographed myself.
 |
| Example of 'music reviewer' |
 |
| Example of vinyl photo |
DOUBLE-SPREAD ARTICLE:
The double spread article I have two options, one being two images; a long shot of the artist on the cover and an image of a vinyl - a new album of the artist. The second option being the artist holding the vinyl, in a long shot. I have attached a few examples as I played around with different positions of shots. As you can see the person on the vinyl cover does not match the one holding it, this is because I needed to have the shape of the vinyl to then place the cover I will create.

VINYL:
I am going to create a cover for a vinyl which I will incorporate into my magazine, as mentioned above. For this, I will include an image of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament surrounded by fog, this will be edited to a have pink or blue tint ( colours associated with indie pop ), I may include a mid-shot of the artist on this too, depending on how the two images cooperate. I have attached the image of Big Ben, before and after the tint of pink, also the image of the artist I may incorporate into the cover.
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
No comments:
Post a Comment